Temp Staff Application
Sagitawa Christian Camps
This condensed application is provided for those who wish to join the summer support team for a segment of time of less than two weeks. We appreciate your willingness to fill out basic forms required by camp policy. The application process requires four steps.
We request that you seek God’s leading as you prepare to join the summer team at Sagitawa.
1. Complete and return this form as well as the Health Form.
2. Provide contact information for 2 people willing to act as references..
3. Camp will contact you with information on how to file an online “Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information” after receiving your application.
4. Wait for our prayerful review and acceptance to Training Camp.
5. Successfully complete all required training.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria.
Please Note: Sagitawa cannot officially accept you as a member of the summer team until such time that we have received all information required, forms requested, and criminal record check. You will not be allowed to work with children in any capacity until such time as we receive your criminal record check(s).
* Required fields have an asterisk. If there are required fields* that do not apply, please use "N/A".
Also please note that this is a general email form. Information is not encryped and can be stolen while the email is enroute to the camp office.
Permanent Contact Information:
Emergency Contact Information: (if applicable)
The following are the more regular temp positions
Camp Sagitawa (main site)
1. Please comment based on the specific position for which you are applying.
Intensive team ministry often causes personal attitudes, convictions and practices to become exposed. This affects team members, purpose in ministry and team function. We desire to know that you are willing to set certain freedoms aside for the sake of team ministry. This includes setting aside attitudes and discussions that may create schisms on team, choosing rather to embrace and accomplish the Camp Purpose with Team.
In order to provide a safe and secure environment for campers, we believe it is necessary to ask the following questions as part of our application process. All information will be kept in confidence by the camp’s leadership team and will not be disclosed by the camp unless required by law. Answering ‘yes’ to any of the following questions may not necessarily prevent you from volunteering with the camp. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
1. Are there any circumstances involving your lifestyle or history that could call into question your ability to work safely with children or youth in a Christian environment?
2. Have you ever been convicted or found guilty of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted? (Note: this does not include minor traffic violations)
3. Have you ever been expelled from or had your employment terminated by any organization or employer for assault or violence against any person, or for assault, violence or impropriety with children, youth or vulnerable persons? (e.g. senior citizens or persons with disabilities)
4. Have you ever been investigated by the Ministry of Children and Family Development or any other organization for suspected child abuse?
5. Do you have any health concerns which could impact your ability to perform the functions of the volunteer position for which you are applying?
6. Do you have any contagious diseases or medical conditions of which we should be aware, and of which we may need to take steps to protect against transmission should you volunteer or be a staff member at the camp?
Please supply the contact information of three people who know you well and have agreed to act as a reference for you. All references will now be conducted via phone interview. References should be at least 25 years of age and should not be a relation.
1. Pastor/youth pastor/Christian worker:
3. Christian Adult who knows you well:
1. In order to decide my suitability for volunteer ministry in this organization, I hereby give the designated leadership of Sagitawa Christian Camps consent to:
• verify the information provided by me in this Temp Staff Application
• to contact the references and employers listed in this application
• to obtain and verify any information from them and any other persons that the camp determines to be relevant to my application
2. I further grant Sagitawa Christian Camps permission to perform an internet search on me and to review and consider any information found posted by me on the Internet.
3. I understand that if Sagitawa Christian Camps approves my volunteer application and later determines, in its discretion, at any time that I am not suitable for volunteer service in Sagitawa Christian Camps or for the volunteer position for which I am applying, the leadership may terminate my volunteer service or volunteer position for any reason without advance notice.
4. If Sagitawa Christian Camps approves my application for a volunteer position, I will sign any documents that the camp requires and will at all times cooperate fully with the camp leadership in the fulfillment of my duties and will keep all sensitive information I encounter in my role as a volunteer, confidential.
5. If at any time I determine that for any reason I am unable to support or adhere to or follow the policies, procedures or doctrine of Sagitawa Christian Camps, I will inform the camp leadership and will resign my volunteer position.
* I commit myself under God to serve with integrity while at camp.
* I understand that being a part of a team I will be asked to give up certain lifestyle choices and freedoms for the benefit of others. In doing so I will forgo the use of alcohol, smoking, and non-prescription drugs during my time at camp and live up to all expectations laid out in the Staff Expectations; this includes during any time off. I understand that I could be asked to leave the team if I choose not to abstain from these activities. (sagitawa.bc.ca/staff.php go to“must read” and “Expectations of Staff")
* I agree to participate in the camp's program wholeheartedly.
* I agree to minister as part of a team and submit to authority.
* I have read and agree in principle with the Statement of Faith, Purpose and Philosophy and will conduct myself accordingly. (sagitawa.bc.ca/staff.php go to “must read” and “what is Sagitawa about”)
* I am not coming to Sagitawa to find romance. If I should meet someone whom I wish to pursue a romantic relationship with, I will set it aside for the sake of camp ministry. If I fail to do so and become distracted or we become a distraction to others I understand that I could be asked to leave camp.
* I agree to complete a Criminal Record Check and have it returned to Camp Sagitawa as soon as possible and understand that I cannot start at camp without it.
Camp Sagitawa has access to 3 criminal record check systems. Some provide vulnerable sector searches, some are online and some are free. Which one we suggest depends on your answers to 7 questions. One of the easiest methods verifies the applicant's ID through the national credit score database (this explains one of the questions).
VSS required for all who are over 23 and who have not had a VSS done with us before or whose VSS is over 5 years old.
Other questions relate to method / system of acquiring the criminal record check(s).
Thank-you for answering the following by checking the box if the statement is true?
Upon receipt of this application camp will email you with information about obtaining your criminal record check.
I hereby acknowledge that, to the best of my knowledge, the information contained in this Summer Staff Application is true and correct. (Typing your name with the date shows intent to sign.)
Information received in this Temp Staff Application is confidential and is being gathered for the purposes of considering your application for volunteer ministry with Sagitawa Christian Camps and for assessing potential ministry opportunities for you in the future.